Cycle maintenance class booking
We're running a series of free cycle maintenance classes in Ludlow, Oswestry and Shrewsbury.
Classes last 2 1/2 to 3 hours, are free of charge and are open to people who live, work or study in Shropshire. They are aimed at adults but children under 16 may attend if accompanied by an adult.
There are two types of class available:
- Basic cycle maintenance class - suitable for anyone who wants to keep a bicycle in good working order. Learn how to check bicycle safety, repair a puncture and make minor adjustments to your bike to make it ready to ride.
- Intermediate cycle maintenance class - This course builds on the basic class and will focus on: brake adjustment, including changing inner cables and brake pads; gear adjustment, including fitting new cables and tuning front and rear mechanisms; fixing a broken chain and changing a chain.
Dates for free classes until end of March 2015
Classes in Shrewsbury
Classes take place at:
- Belle Vue Youth Centre, Rocke Street, off Old Potts Way, Shrewsbury, SY3 7PY
- Urban Bikes, Unit 9-10, Shrewsbury Market Hall, Shrewsbury, SY1 1HX
- Wednesday 11 February 2015, 6.45-9.15pm - Belle Vue Youth Centre
- Thursday 26 February 2015, 10am-1pm - Urban Bikes
- Thursday 12 March 2015, 10am-1pm - Urban Bikes
- Wednesday 25 February 2015, 6.45-9.15pm - Belle Vue Youth Centre - FULL
- Wednesday 18 March 2015, 6.45-9.15pm - Belle Vue Youth Centre - FULL
Classes in Ludlow
Classes take place at Rockspring Community Centre, Sandford Road, Ludlow, SY8 1SX
- Wednesday 21 January 2015, 6.30-9pm
- Wednesday 28 January 2015, 6.30-9pm
Classes in Oswestry
Classes take place at Oswestry Memorial Hall, Smithfield Street, Oswestry, SY11 2EG
- Wednesday 4 March 2015 , 6.30-9pm
- Thursday 29 January 2015, 10am-1pm
Book your place
If you would like to book a place on one of these classes, please complete the form below.
Cycle maintenance booking form
What happens next?
Once we receive your form, we will contact you to confirm whether you have a place on the class. If the class is full, we will try to offer you an alternative date.
The information you supply will be used solely for the purpose of arranging cycle maintenance class. Shropshire Council will only pass your information onto the approved trainers who provide our training. We will keep your information on record and may contact you after your course is complete to request feedback.
If you'd like to know more about this class before you book your place call 01743 253008 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Classes from April 2015 onwards
Please note that from April 2015, Travel Shropshire will no longer have the funding available to offer free bicycle maintenance classes. After this date, please contact your local bike shop for classes.
Many Shropshire bike shops, including Urban Bikes, Stan's Cycles and Stuart Barkley Cycles offer paid maintenance classes. Urban Bikes in Shrewsbury Market Hall is running classes costing £20 on 9 April 2015, 14 May 2015 and 18 June 2015. Book a place on one of these classes here.