Cut your travelling costs for work and other trips by car sharing where possible.
A Shropshire-wide car sharing website is now available.
Register for free on the Carshare Shropshire and Telford website to find potential car-sharers in your area and start:
- Sharing as often or as little as you like
- Reducing your carbon footprint and helping cut congestion and pollution
- Saving money on fuel and parking
Find out more about how car-sharing works here.
Employers and and businesses
You can register your workplace for free on the carshare website to help encourage your employees to find people to car share with and:
- Offer employees an extra travel choice which can halve the cost of travelling to work
- Increase access to work for non-drivers, boosting recruitment and retention
- Reduce pressure on parking spaces
- Make a measurable reduction of the carbon footprint of your organisation
- Help to reduce congestion and pollution
Visit the website for more information about joining.
Shropshire Council will be contacting local businesses to ask them to join the car share website over the coming months. If you are an employer who is interested in participating or you would like us to approach your employer on your behalf, please contact us: email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01743 253008.
The website went live in January 2013.
It is a relatively new site so you might not find a match straight away; however new potential car-sharers will be joining the site everyday, so please do sign up!
Keep up to date with news about car sharing and other ways to save money when driving, sign up to our newsletter and select 'eco-driving and car clubs' from the list.